S’mores Chewy Granola Bars that taste just like your childhood favorite snack and made at home with just a few ingredients and NO BAKE.
S’mores Chewy Granola Bars are a perfect snack for your kids to take for lunch and we’re in full time back to school mode here with recipes and back to school printables and crafts. Here in California we go back towards the end of August but I can already feel all the tides shifting.
Somehow summer feels like it is already over and all things back-t0-school and pumpkin (YES I said pumpkin!!) are all the rage right now. PS, did you see these little S’mores Pops from earlier this summer?
Looking to make different flavored Chewy Bars?
- Add crushed Oreo crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs and swap the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.
- Add dried raisins and some cinnamon and nutmeg to the mix to make an easy oatmeal raisin flavor.
- Skip the marshmallows and double the chocolate chips for a plain chocolate chip chewy bar (ditch the graham cracker crumbs too).
- Add in m&ms, peanuts, and a spoonful of peanut butter instead of graham crackers and marshmallows for a monster cookie flavor.
- Add in chewy caramel bits, and pretzels for a chocolate caramel turtle flavor instead of graham crackers and marshmallows for a monster cookie flavor.
Tools Used in the making of these S’mores Chewy Granola Bars:
Food Processor: This small food processor is perfect for small jobs and doesn’t take up a lot of space. Plus the cost is so low, you’ll love having it in your kitchen. I also use this to make single serving salsas, soups, dressings, etc.
Cereal Marshmallows: These marshmallow bits taste like your favorite cereal marshmallows or the ones from those old hot cocoa packets.
Mini Chocolate Chips: These are perfect for the bars because they’re perfect for small slices of granola bars. Plus they’re what is used in the original!
S'mores Chewy Granola Bars
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 cups oats not instant oats
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers crumbs and small chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cereal marshmallows
Spray an 8x8 inch pan with canola oil or baking spray and line just the bottom of the pan with some parchment paper.
In a small pot over medium heat add the butter, brown sugar and honey.
Whisk until everything is dissolved then cook on medium low heat for 2-3 minutes.
In a large bowl add in the oats, Rice Krispies, graham cracker crumbs and Kosher salt.
Whisk it together then add in slightly cooled butter mixture and toss together well.
Let it cool to room temperature then add in the marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
Spray your hands with the vegetable spray (or just add a bit to your hands and rub your hands together).
Press the granola bars into the pan until they are mostly packed down and uniform.
Put into the refrigerator to cool and solidify.
Run a knife around the edges, then turn upside down onto a cutting board and cut into slices.