Campfire Pretzel S’mores Pops take just a couple of minutes to make and the kids will go nuts for them!
Campfire Pretzel S’mores Pops take the standard marshmallow s’mores pops to the next level. Many of us have seen the s’mores pops made with lollipop sticks. They’re a standard kid treat at birthday parties.
These Campfire Pretzel S’mores Pops are different (and more awesome) because:
- the Marshmallows are actually cooked over a fire (using a pair of tongs to hold the pretzels – no burned fingers!).
- We use little pretzel sticks because they resemble twigs! More like a “campfire.”
The best part of these Campfire Pretzel S’mores Pops are that you can really customize them any way you’d like:
- We keep them classic with Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, but they’re amazing with Semisweet and Dark Chocolate too!
- You can dip the marshmallows in microwaved peanut butter before dipping in chocolate for a peanut butter s’more treat.
- You Can roll them in non classic S’mores cookies, like Oreo crumbs, they’ll be amazing!
You can of course skip the step of cooking the marshmallows, but the added flavor the cooking adds is really awesome for the minimal effort.
These treats can be used in birthday parties, campfire parties (especially if you are doing backyard camping and you don’t have a fire pit!), or boy scouts/girls scouts events. Anytime you are celebrating nature or the woods, you can bring these treats along.
And if you’re looking for some fun kids activities to go with these delicious treats, you should check out our DIY: Playdough Recipe Using Kool-Aid! It comes together in just a couple of minutes and is so much fun to play with (plus it smells amazing!).
Tools used in making these Campfire Pretzel S’mores Pops:
Food Processor: This small food processor is perfect for small jobs and doesn’t take up a lot of space. Plus the cost is so low, you’ll love having it in your kitchen. I also use this to make single serving salsas, soups, dressings, etc.
Tongs: Keep your fingers away from the fire. The added plastic around the metal prongs on these tongs are perfect for gripping the pretzel sticks but gentle enough not to break them.
Campfire Pretzel S'mores Pops
- 24 pretzel sticks
- 24 jet puffed marshmallows
- 2 bars Hershey's Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 4 full crackers)
Process the graham crackers in a small food processor until it resembles sand.
Melt the chocolate bars in the microwave in a glass bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted.
Poke the marshmallows with pretzel sticks.
With a pair of tongs hold the pretzel end and hold over a medium flame on your stovetop.
Blow out the flame when it is as charred as you would like.
Holding the pretzel, dip it into the melted chocolate.
With a spoon, add the graham cracker crumbs to the melted chocolate around the marshmallow and on the bottom.
Add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, standing up on the bottom of the marshmallow to avoid a flat side.
Put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Alternately, you could also make them when serving and have warm s'mores!