Easy Pancake Muffin Bites that are the perfect breakfast on the go and can be customized with any add-ins you’d like!
Easy Pancake Muffin Bites are made in a muffin tin and are as easy and quick or as custom and homemade as you’d like. We make them with my Classic Pantry Pancakes recipe but instead of cooking them in a pan where you have to stand guard and make sure the little ones are not doing anything wrong or coming near the hot stove, you can just fill up a muffin tin and set a timer!
Even if you are a die hard pancake mix fan (this is my favorite when I reach for a mix) you can still use this recipe just for the method. Add in your favorite mix-ins and follow the cooking instructions for perfect fluffy pancake bites.
Sometimes when I have a lazy weekend and am menu planning for the month I will make a quadruple batch of these pancake bites and freeze them. When you are ready to eat them, put them on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 45-60 seconds. Easy breakfast done!
And if you want a quick and easy lunch option, definitely check out the Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll-Ups!
Some quick mix-ins for your Easy Pancake Muffin Bites:
- Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or toffee chips.
- Chopped fruit of all kinds.
- A swirl of peanut butter (love their flavored peanut butters) or Nutella.
- Chopped up sausage with a swirl of maple syrup (this is the adult favorite hands down).
- Bacon, Ham, cheese, etc. You can add in favorite omelet toppings and make a savory pancake bite.
Cooking and Storing alternative instructions for your Easy Pancake Muffin Bites:
- You can also make these as Mini Muffin Pancake Bites and cook them for 4-5 less minutes.
- You can of course scoop them into a pan or skillet and cook them as you would a normal pancake.
- You can make the pancake bites ahead of time and freeze them to enjoy them later.
- You can of course scoop them into muffin liners if you want to avoid greasing your pan.
Tools used in these Easy Pancake Muffin Bites:
Muffin Tin: Easy, pretty non-stick so you can use a minimal amount of vegetable oil spray or butter.
Nutella: Basically the best mix-in ever.
Pancake Mix: You can use any kind you prefer, but when I just want something easy or my husband is making breakfast this is our go to.
Easy Pancake Muffin Bites
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a muffin tin with vegetable oil spray.
You can add the dry ingredients and whisk together, then add the wet and combine fully.
I tend to just put everything in a bowl and whisk, these pancakes are really fuss free.
Using 1/4 cup scoop, scoop them into the muffin tins then add your favorite toppings like fruit, chocolate chips or nuts.
Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Dinner, then Dessert.