Homemade Natural Cold Syrup is great to keep on hand during the cold season. It will give your immune system a boost, using all natural ingredients.
Homemade Natural Cold Syrup is such a great immune booster during the cold season. I like to always keep some on hand, I actually give it to my son when he doesn’t have a cold too, to make sure that his immune system gets some help to fight all those nasty viruses. The Homemade Natural Cold Syrup is made with all natural ingredients that are easy to find and some of them you already have on hand. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients until well blended, store it in the fridge and consume as needed.
Homemade Natural Cold Syrup Ingredients Benefits:
- Raw Honey – is a well known for its effectiveness to help with a cough. It is best to use raw, unprocessed honey for the maximum benefits. Raw honey contains the most nutrients making it more effective at boosting the immune system and fighting off viruses. Always keep in mind that honey is considered harmless for adults, but pediatricians strongly caution against feeding honey to children under 1 year old. Read more about all the health benefits honey offers.
- Cinnamon – may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects and fight bacteria. Read more about all the health benefits you can get from consuming cinnamon.
- Turmeric – curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a very strong antioxidant. It is used treating different types of inflamations, headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections etc. Read more about all the health benefits you can get from consuming turmeric.
- Lemon – Rich in a range of vitamins, it also contains flavonoids and has high antioxidant properties. Lemon juice can treat a person who is suffering from a cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fevers by increasing perspiration. Read more about all the health benefits you can get from lemons.
- Ginger – it can help treat the flu and also it has been positively connected to reduced bacterial and viral infections. Read more about all the health benefits you can get from lemons.
Homemade Natural Cold Syrup
Easy Homemade Natural Cold Syrup is great to keep on hand during the cold season. It will give your immune system a boost, using all natural ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon freshly grated or organic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric organic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
Add all the ingredients to a small jar and combine until well mixed.
Store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Take 1-2 teaspoons, 3 to 5 times a day as an immune booster at the first sign of a cold or cough.
Check with your pediatrician before giving this syrup to infants as it contains honey.