Mornings can be stressful but they don’t have to be. These 5 steps have created a stress-free morning routine for school at my house.
School has been going pretty well for over a month now. The first few weeks were brutal since we had such a crazy busy summer. It was easy to recognize that routines are KEY for my kids, but take discipline from all parties involved. Sabrina has given us these and these amazing breakfast recipes that have simplified what we eat. I have found a stress-free morning routine for school requires just 5 simple steps.
- Get up Early. Yet another sacrifice we must make for these kids. I get up anywhere from 1 to 2 hours before they do. Drink my coffee in peace (cue the ahhhhh), and take care of the little things before they wake up. I am also able to get my work done without any interuptions. Like washing their school uniform because I realize at 5 am in a panic that I haven’t done so. Oops.
- Pack Lunches & Plan outfits the night before. Hello, this is a no brainer, but most of the time, after putting the kids to bed, the last thing I want to do is pack their lunches & organize their clothes. If I don’t do it the night before, I just do it during my morning alone time. Keeping to the theme of packing…
- Organize Backpacks the night before. I go through my son’s take home folder and fill anything out before bed or first thing in the morning. After I pack that lunch, I stick it into his bag and straight to the car. You minimize the risk of whining because their backpack is too heavy or any other shenanigans they come up with to get out of actually going to school.
- Have breakfast or some form of food ready to go. I have found my son eats warmed up oatmeal just as good as that fresh pot. My daughter always will go for a piece of cheese and her twin brother loves a cereal bar. These things help their mood tremendously and sets us up for the rest of the morning.
- Bribe Them! Want to be on time but your kid is taking an HOUR to eat? Tell them they can watch 20 minutes of TV if they eat, get dressed, and brush their teeth. You’ll see just how fast junior can pound that plate of pancake muffins. You also become the coolest mom ever by providing special trips to the store after school if they get to school with no issues.
Wanna talk school organization?
- We love these bento boxes! I got them from amazon because everything at my house comes from Amazon.
- Favorite water cups are these and these. Least parts to clean, easy for them to use.
- I love the larger version of these lunch boxes, but lately, my kids have been enjoying their cute decorative ones we grabbed at target. However, this brand keeps the food at a safe temperature.
With pre cut apples, the dilemma of brown apples are inevitable. My kids don’t like the taste with lemon on them. So, my brilliant friend sprinkles cinnamon on the apples. They don’t notice the brown and my son now LOVES cinnamon apples. Winning!