Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies made with chocolate chunks and chewy caramel bits are the perfect cookie for your Christmas cookie plate!
Chocolate Chip cookies are the king of most cookie swaps, but these caramel chocolate chip cookies take the classic cookie up a notch. With melted caramel chips that add a rich, buttery, chewy texture and flavor to the cookies, these cookies are sure to be a favorite.
The other thing I love about these cookies is the semisweet chocolate chunks. They are so rich and add a slight crunch of their own to the cookies while the caramel chips half melt into puddles of buttery caramel goodness.
Looking for more Cookies?
Some of my standard cookie baking tips:
- Use a good sheet pan! This one is inexpensive and won’t warp! Plus it cools quickly.
- Use a good silicone mat. This prevents excess browning on the bottom of your cookies AND means you don’t have to worry about them sticking.
- Preheat your oven well ahead of time and check the temperature with an oven thermometer.
- Store them in a good tupperware container (and include a slice of bread to keep them fresh).
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup caramel baking bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To your medium sized bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a stand mixer beat the brown sugar, butter, and sugar until lightened and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
Add in the flour mixture until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and caramel chips.
Scoop in 2 tablespoon sized balls on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.