Turkey ornament favors are perfect for the kid’s Thanksgiving table. Fill with you favorite snack to keep the kids happy until dinner time!
Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday! We spend it each year with friends and host a big crew. Since our crew has grown in size, mainly due to children, we have found ourselves needing to adjust our traditions. Therefore, turkey ornament favors are the perfect addition to our Thanksgiving table setting.
This craft is what I consider a practical craft. It not only serves a function, containing snacks, but also serves a purpose, decoration. Our kids’ table is going to be 5 deep this year, so I wanted to make it extra special for them! I quickly made these turkey ornament favors in under an hour! Leaving me with plenty of time to make some kid friendly food options!
Here’s what you need for my turkey ornament favors:
- Clear plastic ornaments
- Feathers – Real ones or Fake ones
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Construction Paper
- Googly eyes
- Treat of choice – I chose Cheerios
Construction of Turkey Ornament Favors
- Simply glue the feathers onto the back side of the ornament.
- Use the construction paper to make a beak and the snood (yes, I had to look up what that red thing hanging from a turkey’s nose is).
- Attach the eyes, beak, and snood.
- Fill with your favorite pre-dinner treat! Cheerios for the littlest of turkeys. Chocolate covered raisins or even nuts for the bigger turkeys.
- This is a craft my twins were able to help me with, but since I was using hot glue, it was limited help. You could always use regular school glue and get the kids involved!
- I used Round clear ornaments but wished I used the flat ornaments that I linked in my supplies list.
- Add tags with Names on the hook part to make place cards for kids’ table.