White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are the perfect addition to your Christmas Cookie Roundup and a kid favorite for non chocolate chip options!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are one of the top flavors of cookies kids love according to Mrs. Field’s Cookies and that is good enough for me (along with the fact that my kids devoured these cookies!).
Baking Christmas cookies are one of our favorite holiday activities with the kids. We pick roughly 6-8 different recipes and bake them over the course of two days. Inside the tins of cookies we add a sliced of bread to keep the cookies fresher (I promise this hack works!).
Cookie plate distribution is one of the kids’ favorite tasks of the year. They wear Christmas themed little kitchen gloves and carefully distribute cookies to painted cookie boxes for friends and family.
Looking for more desserts?
- Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy Walnut Chocolate Brownies
- S’mores Chewy Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cereal Bars
Want to change things up with these cookies?
- Try adding cranberries instead of macadamia nuts or dried cherries.
- Add freeze dried pineapple chunks to the cookies for a tropical cookie.
- Bake as directed and serve as an ice cream sandwich with pineapple sorbet in the middle.
- Make the cookie with just the white chocolate in the batter. Chop up the macadamia nuts super finely, then roll the dough in them firmly before baking.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until lightened and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into the creamed mixture and turn onto low until just combined.
Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate with a spatula.
In 1 tablespoon scoops add the dough to the cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.