Hash Brown Egg Cups made in just five minutes with tater tots, eggs, cheese and bacon in the oven. Breakfast prep made easy!
Hash Brown Egg Cups are the answer to your morning breakfast dilemmas!
We’re huge fan of muffin tin meals here with the kids because they usually get to help make them and because you can customize each one for your kids so no one complains about their toppings.
Want more Hash Brown Egg Cups flavor ideas?
- Instead of bacon use sausage, chicken sausage, turkey bacon or canadian bacon chunks. Browning them before adding always adds more flavor/texture.
- Mix up the cheeses. I used cheddar but swiss, jack cheese, pepperjack or Parmesan are all great options too.
- Skip the meat and add in vegetarian options like spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, salsa or mushrooms.
- I used eggs that were whisked for just 2-3 seconds so they weren’t completely blended. Feel free to swap for egg whites.
- You can use shredded hash browns, but I would brown them before adding just for texture.
Looking for more muffin tin meals?
- Easy Pancake Muffin Bites (with mix-ins!)
- Corn Dog Mini Muffins
- Easy Stuffing Muffins
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Bombs
Tools used in the making of these Hash Brown Egg Cups:
Muffin Tin: Easy, pretty non-stick so you can use a minimal amount of vegetable oil spray or butter.
Hash Brown Egg Cups
- 48 Hash Brown Crowns
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a muffin tin add the 4 crowns around the sides of each muffin cup.
Mix the eggs with the salt and pepper in a small bown for 2-3 seconds.
Pour into the muffin cups.
Top with cheddar and bacon.
Cook for 15-18 minutes.