Here’s a Quick and Easy way to Baby Proof your Entertainment Center in five minutes with a few helpful hacks.
You’re a new parent and everything is exciting and terrifying all packaged neatly within your growing belly of stretch marks and tiny kicks. Keeping your little ones safe is your first priority. Here is an easy way to Baby Proof your Entertainment Center.
We decided to baby proof things for:
- The Childs Safety (cleaning products, sharp knives/scissors, glass etc. And we also bolted all shelves and dressers to the wall).
- My Sanity (dvds, decorations, frames, breakables etc).
What you’ll need to Baby Proof your Entertainment Center:
- Summer Infant Secure Surround 6 Panel PlaySafe Playard
- Summer Infant Secure Surround PlaySafe Playard extension kit (if needed)
Our entertainment system is a little of this-and-that, starting with an IKEA shelf in the middle which holds the sound system, Blu ray player and video game consoles. We also purchased (mommy hack) four tall metal legs from Ikea, for height so that we were able to fit Ikea organizing boxes underneath for video games.
The television is mounted beautify by my amazing husband and is sandwiched between two books shelves from Target.
Without a doubt, the Summer Infant PlaySafe Playard is a Perfect addition to our home, helping keep little hands away for buttons, cords and pulling down DVDs.
Mommy Hacks: Multiple uses for Summer Infant Playard:
- Wrap around the entertainment center. Use a bungee cord or tarp tie down to connect your Playard to the leg of your shelf.
- Connect your playard together to make a small confined round play area while cleaning, mopping or vacuuming.
- Use when you have company; wrap the playard around to block the kitchen or hallway (another reason why you should invest in the extension kit, endless possibilities)
- Take outside for summer backyard playdates to keep children away from rose bushes, bbqs or even connect the playard together, for safe backyard fun.
- Rushing and accidentally spill food on the gate, or it gets a bit dirty outside? It’s plastic, hose er’ down, and its clean in seconds.
Want to replicate this entertainment center? Here’s what you’ll need: