Snowman Snowball Cookies made with traditional pecan snowball cookies and chocolate chips. The perfect Christmas cookie the whole family will love!
Snowman snowball cookies are the perfect cookie for your kids to help you make! Plus you can decorate them for Halloween with different candies too!
Want to decorate these cookies for Halloween?
- Sprinkle some orange sanding sugar over the cookies instead of Snowman faces and press a pretzel into the top of the cookie.
- Dip in melted chocolate and use some candy eyeballs to make monsters!
Snowball cookies are a longtime Christmas cookie plate tradition and the fact that they’re super easy is a total plus when you’re working with kids. Plus with the adorable carrot decorations you don’t even need artistic ability to make festive Christmas cookies.
Christmas cookies are a huge part of our holiday traditions so I’ve been sharing cookie recipes on the site including:
Yes, there are more coming including my favorite EASY Chocolate Chip Cookie that is both chewy and crispy! On my other blog I also have S’mores Cookies and Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies you’ll love too!
I also wanted to share some important tips when it comes to baking cookies.
- Use a good sheet pan! This one is inexpensive and won’t warp! Plus it cools quickly.
- Use a good silicone mat. This prevents excess browning on the bottom of your cookies AND means you don’t have to worry about them sticking.
- Preheat your oven well ahead of time and check the temperature with an oven thermometer.
- Store them in a good tupperware container (and include a slice of bread to keep them fresh).
Snowman Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 36 decorative candy carrots
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy in your stand mixer.
Add in the salt, vanilla extract, flour and pecans and mix until just combined.
Roll tablespoon sized balls in your hands lightly and place on cookie sheet 1" apart.
Cook for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are barely browned.
Once able to handle, roll gently in powdered sugar.
Push two mini chips into the snowballs as eyes and add the carrot nose (while warm so they adhere with the sugar).