Chalkboard Paint Teachers’ holiday gifts to give a one of a kind gift that is personalized! Using chalkboard paint made for glass, it couldn’t be easier.
Chalkboard paint teachers’ holiday gifts to not only give a personal present, but super practical. It is a cup they can use each day and you can add many things to it to personalize for each teacher. I am busy this time of the year, so I decided to get this done early in order to be ahead of the rush!
This project is so easy to do with an amazing product by Deco Art called Glass Chalkboard Paint. The directions are super easy and I found a few tips along the way that I will share with you!
- Decor Art Chalkboard Glass Paint
- Sponge Brush
- Mug or Wine Glass (Just make sure it is glass or ceramic and oven safe)
- Frog Tape
- Lint free cloth
Directions for Chalkboard Paint Teachers’ Holiday Gifts
- Clean the surface area of the mug with alcohol and wipe dry with a lint free cloth.
- Tape surface area with frog tape to create clean lines.
- Paint first coat of chalkboard paint being sure to follow directions. I used a sponge brush and gently tapped the first layer.
- Allow to dry COMPLETELY. For real. If you start to paint too soon, it removes the first layer. I know… I did it.
- Apply second layer of paint using short strokes. The different techniques make a perfect surface!
- Place on baking sheet in center of cold oven. Preheat oven with mugs inside to 325 F. Once this temperature has been reached, set your timer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven and open door to allow the mug to cool down completely. Remove the tape, clean as needed and allow to cure for 3 days.
- Season with chalk by rubbing it all over. Wipe clean, then write as you like.
Other things to do in the house with this product:
- Glass containers for storing spices, teas, etc.
- Juice Canisters
- Wine Glasses
Disclaimer: I just want y’all to know Deco Art sends me these awesome products to use for my posts! I am not compensated by Deco Art but I am a HUGE fan of their products. All of my opinions and thoughts are truly my own and not influenced by them!