Dinosaur Crayons are a great way to recycle broken crayons or a very fun and easy project to do with kids. Perfect as favors for a dino party!
Dinosaur Crayons are a staple in our house, since the time I have surprised my son with them, he requests to make Dinosaur Crayons as a playdate activity all the time. It is definitely a very cute, easy and fun project to make with kids. Also, it’s that type of project that requires only one singe ingredient – crayons! When we host a playdate, I usually like to have some fun activities lined up, and this one is always a hit. Also, the kids love that they get to take their dinosaur crayons home. These are also great as birthday favors, kids always love them! Here is another really nice project you can do with crayons – Crayon Container that is a perfect teacher gift!
Recommendations on how to make Dinosaur Crayons:
- Make sure your peel all the paper of the crayons, try to get every bit out.
- You can either break the rayons into pieces, but I find it easier to chop them, especially if you are mixing colors.
- You can make one color Dino Crayons, or you can mix the crayons – which I prefer more.
- Watch out after you put them in the oven, not to burn them! Burnt dino crayons are not fun!
- When choosing a dino mold – it is very important to choose one that doesn’t have lots of tiny details, like very thin dino tails etc, as it may break the crayons when removing from pan.
- Remove the cooled crayons from the silicone mold gently, don’t press in the center, not to break the crayon in two.
What you will need to make Dinosaur Crayons:
- Silicone Mold – I like this one and this one, their shape is great and good size, which helps not to break the crayons when popping the out of the mold.
- Crayons – let your little one choose the colors they love!
How To Make Dinosaur Crayons
Dinosaur Crayons are a great way to recycle broken crayons or a very fun and easy project to do with kids. Perfect as favors for a dino themed party!
- 14 Crayons
- Dinosaur mold
Preheat oven to 200F.
Peel paper of the crayons and either break them or chop them into tiny pieces. Mix the pieces for multi color crayons.
Place the mold on a flat baking pan or cookie sheet. Add the crayon pieces to the dino mold. Transfer the cookie sheet with the mold into the pre-heated oven.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until melted. Watch them closely not to burn them!
Remove from oven, let the crayons cool at room temperature completely, before gently, popping them out of the mold.