Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Bites with just four ingredients is a delicious appetizer or after school snack the whole family will love.
Ham and cheese puff pastry bites are like my favorite hot pocket flavor (ham and cheese) come to life in mini bites form.
We make these ahead of time and freeze the discs so they can be baked straight from the deep freeze, Just roll, then slice and add to a cookie sheet before serving. Once frozen you can add them to a ziploc bag ou can label with the date made and the name of the recipe.
Some more fun finger foods:
- Easy Pancake Muffin Bites (with mix-ins!)
- Hash Brown Egg Cups
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Bombs
- Corn Dog Mini Muffins
Want to change things up with these puff pastry bites?
- Try adding turkey, roast beef or pastrami instead of ham.
- Instead of honey mustard you can add regular mustard, hot mustard, mayonnaise or even horseradish.
- Bake as directed even if you made these before and froze them. Freeze right after slicing.
- To make the tops shiny, brush an egg wash (beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water added) to the top of the bites before baking.
Tools used in the making of these Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Bites:
Baking Sheet: Perfect for high temperature baking and won’t warp. Plus for as high quality as they are, the pans are so inexpensive.
Silicone Baking Mat: The baking mat will help to avoid any burning to the bottom of your pastry bites, especially with higher temperatures.
Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Bites
- 1/2 box puff pastry
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Unfold the puff pastry then spread with honey mustard leaving a half inch border without the honey mustard.
Layer with ham and cheese, then roll up into a pinwheel.
Slice into 16 bites.
Bake for 15-18 minutes.