Rocket Hot Dogs or Rocketdogs are the perfect addition to your 4th of July party or boy’s themed birthday party! Easy to make and totally festive.
Rocket Hot Dogs are a favorite for us during the summer months, anything on a stick is a huge hit with our kids! The blog is only a month old but this is our third treat on a stick! Want to see more? We also have S’mores Pops and Apple Pie Pops which would be perfect with these Rocket Hot Dogs at your 4th of July party or summer barbecue.
Rocket Hot Dogs were something I came across at a friend’s kid’s birthday party before I even had my first kid. We were at a spaceship themed party and these adorable hot dogs were the HIT OF THE PARTY. I remember taking a picture of them with my phone (I think I had a Sidekick III at the time, haha) and showing them to my friends who had kids.
The actual process for the Rocket Hot Dogs is a pretty simple one with just a few tips.
- Make sure your hot dogs are pretty dry before wrapping or the crescent dough will slide all over the place.
- Don’t wrap the dough too tightly around the hot dog or it may unroll or burst from the pressure when the hot dogs are cooking.
- Once the hot dogs are done cooking, make sure to let them cool enough so that when you add the cheese they don’t melt.
- You can use lollipop sticks, but it is easier and cheaper to use chop sticks instead. They are slightly square so the hot dog won’t spin around on the stick quite as much.
Rocket Hot Dogs
Rocket Hot Dogs or Rocketdogs are the perfect addition to your 4th of July party or boy's themed birthday party! Easy to make and totally festive.
- 16 hot dogs
- 1 tube Crescent dough sheets
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 pairs of chop sticks
- 32 toothpicks
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the crescent roll dough into 16 3/4" strips.
Roll around the hot dog gently.
Place onto a cookie sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
While the hot dogs are cooking cut the triangles out of the cheese in 1/2" thick pieces.
Attach the bottom rocket pieces by piercing one toothpick through the hot dog horizontally and then pushing the cheese pieces on.
Attach the top of the rocket by putting the cheese onto the toothpick and putting it on top of the hot dog vertically pushing it in until you can't see the toothpick anymore.