Ever wonder how to clean your Keurig? This tutorial is perfect for all those coffee loving moms & dads out there! Good coffee starts with a clean machine.
Each day is started with a cup of coffee (or 2) before my kids wake up. It is my lifeline on these long days of constant toddler shenanigans. Having a good cup is key and starts with a clean machine. This tutorial will outline how to clean your Keurig machine or Nespresso.
With the seasons changing, the cooler weather makes me crave even more coffee! If you haven’t tried our Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe yet, I highly recommend you make it! Enjoy the cup while you clean your machine.
Cleaning Supplies List:
Every Three Months
Descale your machine. Our water is full of minerals and calcium/limescale quickly builds up. It is important to use a descaling solution every 3 months to clean your machine. This solution from Amazon is so great and works in a variety of machines!
- Add descaling solution to the reservoir of the machine. Follow directions of the solution you are using.
- Run without pod until the reservoir is empty.
- Rinse machine with 2 full reservoir cycles.
Not into solutions? Use vinegar to clean your machine! This step is very important.
- Fill the water reservoir half way full with vinegar solution. I use equal parts water/vinegar.
- Run the machine with out a pod until the reservoir is empty.
- Clean the reservoir with warm soapy water.
- Fill reservoir with filtered water and flush the machine completely. At least 3 times! For real, you don’t want vinegar coffee. Ew!
Clean the reservoir with warm soapy water. Also clean the trays that collect the pods (Nespresso) and holds the cup.
Let the machine breath. Warm areas and water are breeding zones for germs. I get grossed out just thinking about it. I simply leave my pod holder open.
Good coffee starts with a clean maintained machine, filtered water, and obviously a yummy blend. I am currently obsessing with Nespresso’s ice coffee blends. Heaven on earth during these random heat waves! Hopefully this answers all your questions on how to clean your Keurig machine or Nespresso machine.