Easy Stuffing Muffins are a perfect holiday side dish your kids will love in the perfect portion size, filled with sausage and apple.
Easy Stuffing Muffins are the perfect holiday side dish your kids will love. First, they’re in muffin form which means they are already more likely to try them and second they have sausage and apple which are proven kid favorites.
Kids and muffin tins are a proven win, there are entire sites dedicated to making muffin tin meals for them.
Benefits of muffin tin meals:
- You can give kids multiple food items without them “touching” (food touching is a huge no-no in our house)
- You can add items that need to be spooned – things like peas which would benefit from the muffin walls
- You can add dipping sauces easily.
- Multiple foods on the plate for varied eating
- Counting the different foods is a source of fun and learning
These stuffing muffins are easy to make and have a classic sausage and apple filling but feel free to use any combination of flavors you would like. Perhaps cranberry and walnut? Or some wild rice and mushrooms added? The flavor combinations are pretty endless.
Looking for more muffin tin recipes?
- Corn Dog Mini Muffins
- Easy Pancake Muffin Bites (with mix-ins!)
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Bombs
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
Tools used in the making of these Easy Stuffing Muffins:
Muffin Tin: Easy, pretty non-stick so you can use a minimal amount of vegetable oil spray or butter.
Better than Bouillon: Chicken stock you don’t have to run out and buy, this makes 38 servings from one jar!
Easy Stuffing Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 green apple cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 1 pound loaf of bread cut into cubes and left out overnight
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 12-count muffin tins with cooking spray.
In a large skillet add the butter, onion, celery, apple, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cook on medium heat until veggies are translucent.
Add in the sausage links and cook until browned.
In a large bowl add the bread cubes then add the veggies.
Slice the links into small 1/2 inch slices.
In a small cup whisk the broth and the egg and add it to the bread mixture.
Toss the mixture well then pack the mixture into muffin tins creating a rounded top.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are crispy.