This easy no mess peanut butter and jelly roll-ups will make your life with kids so much easier. This is perfect for pool and beach days!
As a mother, I have learned more from other moms than I ever thought I would. We go to Disneyland quiet often and take lunches each time. My friend came more than prepared (she too has twins) and had these amazing and easy no mess peanut butter and jelly roll-ups. I was shocked that I have never thought of this, or seen it! Of course I had to share!
What you will need for these easy no mess peanut butter and jelly roll-ups:
Here are the simple steps to these easy no mess peanut butter and jelly roll-ups:
- Take your bread and squish it. I just used my hands to make it flat as possible.
- Next, I take 2 scoops of peanut butter and 1 1/2 scoops of jelly and place in a bowl. I mix the pb&j until it is a perfect consistency to spread.
- Slather the bread up with the pb&j mixture being careful to use sparingly on the top and sides.
- Roll up and cut off the ends. Cutting the ends seals the bread a bit and gets rid of the crust that they may or may not eat. I usually eat that part as my breakfast as I frantically make breakfast.
Some additional tips:
- If you kids hate the crust, cut that part off after step one. My kids actually like it, so I leave it since it has extra nutrients and grains.
- Store several in a bag for the day at the beach or pool. I am taking a pack to our swim lessons this week for an after swim snack!
- These are perfect for snack or lunch. Since they are already squished, you don’t have to worry about it getting ruined in the lunch box.
These easy no mess peanut butter and jelly roll-ups are just that… no mess! Which means no pulling apart and throwing in your car or on the floor. They are also handy little snacks for getting through grocery shopping or errands.