This easy 4th of July bracelet craft for kids uses the classic red, white, and blue beads to create patriotic bracelets.
We host so many BBQs that I find the toddlers begin to get a little restless. We typically have at least 5 toddlers running around and going crazy. I prefer a sit down craft to calm them, even if for a few minutes. This easy 4th of July bracelet craft for kids will keep them entertained, at least for a short period of time.
My kids are at the age where they LOVE bracelets. After a recent trip out of town, my husband brought them all bracelets back, and man did they ever wear something with so much pride. They were super excited to participate in this activity.
This also is a great fine motor activity for littles which helps prepare them for writing. My boys are on point when it comes to gross motor skills, so finding fine motor activities is always a plus at my home!
Easy 4th of July Bracelet Craft Supplies:
The instructions are quite simple. Just thread the beads on the elastic string however your heart desires. Check the wrist of the child to make sure you use enough. We used between 22 – 25 beads per bracelet. Our kids range from a petite 2 year old girl to an average 4 year old boy. I would recommend that you tie off the bracelets for the kids to minimize meltdowns. Lastly, put the bracelet on the child and watch them swell with pride!
- If you buy the beads that all come together, let the kids sort them out. Mine fought over it! Ha!
- I precut long strips of the elastic so the kids have plenty of length to work with. You can always cut off the excess.
- You can also use pipe cleaners making it a little easier for the younger ones.
- Have the kids leave the string flat and string the beads one at a time. That seemed to be the most successful way.
- Have fun and make one for yourself!